Budget 2018 puts people first, makes life more affordable for British Columbians
VICTORIA — Budget 2018 carves a new path to shared prosperity for everyone in our province with a made-in-BC child care plan, a comprehensive housing plan and record levels of capital investment in every corner of our province, Finance Minister Carole James announced today.
Finance Minister Carole James
Minister Carole James talks to the news media and stakeholders at the budget lockup, February 20, 2018.
- Budget News Release ( February 20, 2018 ): the budget overview distributed to news media.
- Budget Backgrounder:
- Budget and Fiscal Plan: the main budget document; it lays out the Province’s three-year fiscal plan, including economic outlook, revenues, spending, tax measures, and forecasting risks and assumptions.
- Budget Highlights: reader friendly, plain-language overview of the Budget 2018.
- Child Care B.C.: caring for kids, lifting up families.
- Homes for B.C.: a 30-point plan for housing affordability in British Columbia.
- Budget Speech: the Finance Minister's address to the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia.
- Estimates: the detailed breakdown of proposed spending by ministry and government agency that must be debated and approved by the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia.
- Supplement to the Estimates: provides additional information on proposed spending, organized into major categories such as salaries, grants, capital, travel, and operations.
- Ministry Service Plans: provides an overview of every ministry and associated entities, including how they intend to achieve their service goals and how they support the direction laid out in the Government Strategic Plan.Ministry List
- Crown Agency Service Plans: provides an overview of every Crown agency, including how they intend to achieve their service goals and how they support the direction laid out in the Government Strategic Plan.Crown List
- Government Strategic Plan: sets out an overarching vision, goals and priority actions for the Province of British Columbia.